An AVSA membership offers the following benefits:
- Six full-color issues annually (64 pages each) of the African Violet Magazine (AVM) filled with great growing information:
Regular columns include:
- For Beginners
- Question Box
- In Search of New Violets
- Gesneriad Advice
- Thinking Small
- Coming Events
- The AVM gives members continuous information on the latest developments in the African violet world. Our commercial members advertise and sell the latest and most popular violets and products. The September issue contains an insert which lists all commercial members so you can find one near you or write for their latest catalog or list.
- Discounted prices on all products sold in the AVSA Store.
- AVSA holds annual conventions in various regions of the country. All members may participate in these exciting events which feature judged shows open to all registered AVSA members. Commercial members also display their newest introductions and have booths where plants and plant-related products are sold. Informative presentations are made by experts in African violet culture.
- AVSA maintains an extensive library of slide and video programs which are available to members at a nominal service charge.
(Some information formerly published in the AVM, such as the Commercial List, can now be found in the Members section of the website.)